Through shelter, we empower.
Building strength, stability and self-reliance through shelter.
No matter who we are or where we come from, we all deserve a decent life. We deserve to feel strength and stability day after day. We deserve to know we have the power to take care of ourselves and build our own futures.
Thermal Belt Habitat for Humanity believes every one of us deserves the opportunity for a better future. Our vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live.
People in our community and all over the world partner with Habitat to build or improve a place they can call home.
Habitat homeowners build their own homes alongside volunteers and pay an affordable mortgage. With our help, those homeowners achieve the independence they need to build a better life for themselves and their families.
Our program provides results…
- 90 percent of surveyed Habitat homeowners in 44 U.S. cities said they could not have owned a home without help from Habitat.
- Since 1976 over 1.6 million low-income families who partner with Habitat have achieved the independence they needed through decent affordable housing.
- Children of homeowners are 116 percent more likely to graduate from college compared with children in families who do not own their homes.
- For every $1 invested in Thermal Belt Habitat for Humanity, there is a $90.36 social and economic return on investment through social benefits and costs saved.
Families who partner with Habitat contribute to Polk County and Landrum through these social benefits and the more homes we build, the greater impact we have in our community.
At Thermal Belt Habitat for Humanity, we believe…
- Decent shelter is something we all need in order to thrive.
- Strong and stable homes help build strong and stable communities.
- With a little help, we all have the potential to stand on our own.
- Bold actions speak louder than words.
- Working together, side by side, promotes understanding and self-reliance.
Thermal Belt Habitat for Humanity is pledged to the letter and spirit of the U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to becoming a homeowner due to race, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin.