- We build Tuesday through Saturday, 8:30 am to 3:00 pm.
- Each day has its own crew:
- Tuesday Siding Crew
- Wednesday General Construction Crew
- Thursday HVAC Crew
- Thursday General Construction Crew
- Friday Electrical Crew
- Friday General Construction Crew
- Saturday General Construction Crew
Our Home Preservation Program is a repair program for homeowners in Polk County and Landrum, SC. Home Preservation Projects will be scheduled on an as-needed basis. Volunteers interested in participating should contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com to sign up for upcoming projects.
Most home repair projects will need 3-4 volunteers per day.
Information for all Construction Volunteers
- Volunteers should bring lunch, unless otherwise instructed.
- Construction volunteers must be at least 16 years of age to participate on an active build site. Youth volunteers ages 16 or 17 years old must be accompanied by an adult chaperone. One adult chaperone is needed for every 5 youth. Please contact Thermal Belt Habitat for Humanity to find out if youth, 14-15 years old, will be permitted on site. Chaperones for an individual need to be 18 years of age or older. Chaperones for groups need to be 21 years of age or older.
- For your safety, please wear thick soled sneakers, hiking boots or construction boots. Long pants are suggested to prevent cuts/scrapes. Shorts should be at least knee length. No Keds, Vans, Toms or opened toed shoes.
- Volunteers should view this 18 minute safety course at www.hfhvolunteerinsurance.com prior to volunteering with Thermal Belt Habitat for Humanity. Scroll down to “Online Safety Training Courses” and click begin now. Read the entire instructions before clicking on “Take Training Course Now” and enter code W8NAEBTG, click submit, and then select “Volunteering on a Habitat for Humanity Job Site.” The course covers everything from safety issues to what to wear. At the end of the presentation, simply exit the program.
Need more information?
Call (828) 694-0340, ext 103, or email our Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.