VOLUNTEERS IMPACT EVERY FACET OF OUR ORGANIZATION. WITHOUT PEOPLE LIKE YOU, WE COULD NOT BRING THE DREAM OF A DECENT AFFORDABLE HOME TO A FAMILY IN NEED. HERE ARE OUR TOP VOLUNTEER NEEDS.
Volunteer for a day of building on our construction sites! Thermal Belt Habitat for Humanity is a volunteer driven organization serving families and neighborhoods in the county. By working alongside our dedicated construction team, regular volunteers, and partner families, you will help us build Habitat houses while having a great time learning construction skills. With your help on the construction site, from the foundation to the finishing touches, we can make affordable housing in the Thermal Belt a reality. We look forward to building with you.
Habitat homes are built with 80% volunteer labor. We depend on individuals like you who are willing to come out and swing a hammer on the construction site to build homes and a lasting future for families in need. No construction experience is necessary. We provide you with all of training necessary on-site.
- We build Tuesday through Saturday, 8:30 am to 3:00 pm.
As a new ReStore volunteer, all that is needed is to come with a smile and a willingness to help. Whether you are a short-term or long-term volunteer, you will become a member of the Habitat for Humanity family, meet new people, share your expertise and skills, learn new things, and receive recognition for your service.
- Our ReStore has two shifts for volunteers.
- 1st shift is 10:00am to 1:00 pm
- 2nd shift is 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- ReStore volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
- Volunteers should wear closed toed shoes.
Our Home Preservation Program is a repair program for homeowners in the Thermal Belt area. Home Preservation Projects will be scheduled on an as-needed basis. Volunteers interested in participating, should contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Most home repair projects will need 3-4 volunteers per day.
Information for all Volunteers
- Volunteers should bring lunch, unless otherwise instructed.
- Construction volunteers must be at least 16 years of age to participate on an active build site. Youth volunteers ages 16 or 17 years old must be accompanied by an adult chaperone. One adult chaperone is needed for every 5 youth. Please contact Henderson County Habitat for Humanity to find out if youth, 14-15 years old, will be permitted on site. Chaperones for an individual need to be 18 years of age or older. Chaperones for groups need to be 21 years of age or older.
- For your safety, please wear thick soled sneakers, hiking boots or construction boots. Long pants are suggested to prevent cuts/scrapes. Shorts should be at least knee length. No Keds, Vans, Toms or opened toed shoes.
- All volunteers need to view this safety course at the end of the Online Sign-Up form and after the Online Orientation Online orientation and sign-up
Need more information?
Call (828) 694-0340, ext 107, or email our Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.